Tuesday, May 8, 2007

3 Years Ago Today - Brandy

3 years ago today we had to say goodbye to my first dog, Brandy. Brandy was the best dog and she was the one that gave me my love for dogs. I honestly don't think I would have become involved with Guiding Eyes if it wasn't for Brandy. She was the sweetest, most gentle, and loveable dog. I grew up with her and we had her for 11 of her 13 years. I remember dropping her off at the Emergency Vet on a Thursday night, the night of the Friend's finale. She had pneumonia and she was not doing well. That Friday night we got our first GEB pup to puppysit, 16 week old Dinah. I was so excited that we were going to have two dogs. Saturday we took one last walk with Brandy and we said goodbye. She couldn't eat anything or even keep down her medicine. We had to come home to take care of a 16 week old puppy.

So this post is in memory of Brandy: 5?/15?/91 - 5/8/04