Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Trip to GEB

Okay, first of all I want to say sorry for not updating for awhile. I was really busy being home for Spring Break, and I have lots of school work to do now. Hopefully I'll be able to update more, and really get into this blogging thing.

Anyways, on Thursday my mom and I went to GEB in New York because I had an interview for an internship at the Canine Development Center. The last time we went (when we dropped Quasia off), we got really lost, so we rented a GPS for the weekend. I also printed off directions from three different sites, so we were able to get there without getting lost. We stayed at the guest house when we arrived late that night. Nothing really exciting happened that night.

At 1, I went to talk to Maria (who I had been contacting about the internship), and Jane (the head lady). They asked some questions and they showed me around. I was able to help with this new game they have with the puppies called something like Round Robin. It's amazing what these 7 week old puppies already know. I was also able to watch a class. They had some dogs being looked at to become breeders. One of the dogs was raised in my region, and it was just interesting to see them working with her.

I left the CDC around 4. Maria told me that she had more people to interview and she would call. I didn't have a good feeling because they said that they really wanted someone who was extremely eager and excited about the internship. They only have one spot for someone who needs to stay at the guest house. I am really excited and I want to do it, but I just don't show my emotions very well. I'm quiet and I'm not sure that they understood that this was something I really wanted to do.

We left GEB after that to go to Connecticut. My brother lives in Boston and he wanted to visit us. We went to Hartford, which is the halfway point between Boston and Patterson. We had a nice lunch with my brother and his girlfriend, who I love. I'd trade him for her. Anyways, after that meeting we went home and we were home by Saturday night.

No comments: